Resin infusion is a composite moulding process whereby the liquid resin is drawn a stack of dry fabrics by the aid of vacuum pressure, and in doing so impregnates the laminate. Norco have applied Resin infusion techniques for a wide variety of composite parts and tooling where it suits the process.
Silicone Re-usable bags
The use of a re-usable bag is a great way to reduce landfill waste when producing the same part time and time again. Norco manufacture in-house our own re-usable vacuum bags for production parts and offer this as a service to external customers wanting to productionise their components.
Some advantages of resin infusion and why you might chose it:
- Reduced styrene emissions
- Improved laminate performance over hand layup.
- Repeatability and consistency between parts (weight and dimensional properties)
- Cost efficient for thick glass laminates.
- Ambient process so thermal expansion of tooling is not an issue.
Norco would be pleased to provide you with a quotation if you are considering the manufacture of a component in this process, or are looking at converting from a hand laminated process.