Other Lightweight Applications including Composite Bridges
The benefits and uses of modern composite materials are being realised and adopted by an ever growing range of market sectors. Composites are beginning to replace materials like metal, wood and concrete structures in all areas of use. Composite materials and manufacturing processes are progressing all the time, as well as increasing in reliability and predictability in use. Some of the economical and technical benefits of composite materials in industry include:
- Customised material combinations, mechanical properties and local reinforcement; saving on excess material and subsequently, cost.
- Very high fatigue resistance possible, providing durability in harsh environments and good service life.
- Reduced structural weight, making for easier handling, lifting and transportation.
- Almost any shape can be moulded in composites – not reliant on forming or joining sheet material.
- Corrosion and environmental resistance, allowing for minimal maintenance input and long service lifetime – contributing to better returns on an investment in a long term project.
- Efficiency in volume production – time saving production methods available to reduce turnaround time and cost over a large run of parts or components.
Norco has been involved in many unique and challenging composites manufacturing projects, and we are always looking for the next challenge. If you have a project of any type, where the use of composite materials may be beneficial in some way, get in contact as we are here to help.
Norco Holdings Ltd is a privately owned business formed in 1985 in Poole, Dorset. The company was established to manufacture boats but has evolved and grown to include a wide range of composite and GRP structures for multiple clients in the marine, defence, communications, automotive, aerospace and leisure sectors. it employs in excess of 150 people and operates from four sites with an overall capacity of over 85,000 square feet. The Company is accredited to ISO9001, 14001 and 18001.
Norco Holdings has two main operating Divisions: Norco Composites and Norco GRP.
33 Holton Road
Holton Heath Industrial Estate
Tel: 01202 623934